Electrical Project Engineer
Job ID: R00610
Job Title: Electrical Project Engineer
Location: Mansfield, OH US
Posted On: 1/2/2018 5:14:38 PM
Job Type: Full time
At AK Steel, great people, innovation, and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which helps us consistently deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing, we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
AK Steel’s Mansfield, OH operation has an immediate need for an Electrical Project Engineer to join our team. The Electrical Project Engineer will be responsible to manage capital engineering projects and participate in engineering evaluations and recommendations for proposed equipment and design. The ideal candidate must work be able to implement projects without impacting production, work well in a team environment, have excellent communication, analytical and time management skills. Our facility is the leading producer of specialty flat rolled stainless steels.
- Manage multiple capital engineering projects to include:preparation of designs, scope of work and technical documentation, generate cost estimates, selection of suppliers and contractors.
- Implement and manage projects to meet or exceed the goals of the projects without impacting production.
- Participate in technical investigations, studies, problem review, new and proposed equipment, materials, processes and facilities.
- Provide evaluations and recommendations for proposed equipment and design.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3-10 year’s experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience with PLC’s, AC/DC drives, instrumentation and crane experience preferred
- Engineering, mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem solving to determine root cause
- Knowledge of melting and casting steel or other metals preferred.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) and industrial electrical equipment.
- Excellent communication, analytical and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be able to work extended hours to support operations during and outside maintenance outages
- Challenging work.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Bonus program.
- Tuition reimbursement.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. AK Steel is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment with AK Steel.AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement