Labor Relations Representative
Job ID: R00605
Job Title: Labor Relations Representative
Location: Dearborn, MI US
Posted On: 1/2/2018 5:14:38 PM
Job Type: Full time
Our Dearborn Works facility is seeking a Labor Relations Representative. The Dearborn Works is located on a more than 350-acre site in southeast Michigan. Its carbon steel melting, casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations are capable of producing 3.6 million net tons of hot rolled, 2.1 million net tons of cold rolled, 1.1 million net tons of galvanized and galvannealed sheet each year.
- Responsible for labor agreement administration, reviews disciplinary cases and make recommendations.
- Prepares for and participates in contract negotiations.
- Administers and interprets the collective bargaining agreement.
- Promotes an effective, fair, and professional relationship between the company and union employees
- Investigates and settles grievances under established grievance procedure.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of briefs for arbitration cases; may conduct presentations at hearings.
- Investigates complaints from federal, state and local agencies.
- Conducts instructional sessions for supervisory personnel regarding contract interpretation and compliance with company policies.
- Performs audits or compiles periodic and special reports on labor matters as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Labor Relations or related field
- Five years of experience in Labor Relations and Human Resources in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Willingness to meet aggressive deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)