Process Technology Engineer
Job ID: R00785
Job Title: Process Technology Engineer
Location: Butler, PA US
Posted On: 1/12/2018 8:59:02 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel is looking for a Process Technology Engineer at our Butler, Pennsylvania operation. The Process Technology Engineer will be responsible for driving profitability via optimization of processes to improve product quality and consistency. The ideal candidate will have superior communication skills with all levels of the company and be self-driven to strive for continuous improvement.
- Develop and optimize processes to improve product quality and product consistency to drive improved profitability.
- Monitor and analyze product data for customer satisfaction, quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Conduct trials, observe product/process conditions and analyze results to improve product quality and reduce costs.
- Lead and/or support quality improvement and cost reduction projects. Serve as a technical resource for operations and maintenance departments.
- Collaborate with other departments to stay up-to-date on the latest technical developments to recommend and implement new products and processing conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Material Science or Chemical Engineering
- Excellent communication, analytical, and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Willingness and ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Specific knowledge of electrical, stainless and/or carbon steels
- 2+ years of experience in a Process Engineering role
Why Should You Apply?
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement