Job ID: R00699
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Middletown, OH US
Posted On: 1/17/2018 1:00:04 PM
Job Type: Full time
The Maintenance Engineer supports other managers and hourly employees to safely execute breakdown, downturn, preventative, and routine repairs within the Blast Furnace Department. This position contributes to the overall availability and efficiency of the operation as follows:
- Participate in the safety program as directed by the safety and health plan, including observations of employees, review of procedure and lockout tryout documents, periodic housekeeping inspections, and audits of the program.
- Provide technical support for maintenance day and shift managers to determine the causes of equipment failures, development of corrective actions, and implement maintenance practices to prevent breakdowns.
- Assist in the planning of scheduled maintenance downturns including tracking equipment age, determining major tasks to be completed, developing outage charts, assigning manpower and coordinating contractor activities.
- Develop long range goals for projects and programs in the department.
- Prepare drawings and specifications and hold bid meetings to explain scope of work for competitively bid work.
- Work closely with the engineering department to maintain current drawings and red-line drawings to match “as-built” conditions.
- Coordinate with Safety and Operations employees to implement new equipment, train operators on the safe operation of new equipment, and write procedures for the operation and isolation of newly commissioned equipment.
- Review Non-Destructive Testing results such as vibration analysis, thermography reports and make recommendations for repairs based upon the results of such reports.
- Assist in the procurement of spare parts, verifying that proper parts are ordered for upgraded equipment.
- Incumbent will be required to utilize TEAMS computer program to schedule work, order parts, print and review pre-plan and lockout procedures, maintain overtime records, and track equipment history.
- Recommend safe and cost effective repairs as well as provide corrective actions for equipment failures.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- A degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a related field is preferred.
- Relevant work experience.
- Strong leadership and effective management skills.
- Have a knowledge of electrical, mechanical, piping, gas distribution, pumps, turbines, cooling towers, hydraulic, pneumatic, and material handling systems.
- Understand technical drawings and operation and maintenance manuals.
- This job requires some weekend, call-out, long days and weekend duty responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Punctual and willing to lead by example.
- Good computer skills.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.