Operations Shift Manager, PLTCM
Job ID: R00795
Job Title: Operations Shift Manager, PLTCM
Location: Dearborn, MI US
Posted On: 1/17/2018 1:00:14 PM
Job Type: Full time
Our Dearborn Works facility is seeking an Operations Shift Manager. The Dearborn Works is located on a more than 350-acre site in southeast Michigan. Its carbon steel melting, casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations are capable of producing 3.6 million net tons of hot rolled, 2.1 million net tons of cold rolled, 1.1 million net tons of galvanized and galvannealed sheet each year.
- Supervise and provide work direction for hourly bargaining unit employees
- Conduct safety contacts, observations, and meetings
- Perform safety and quality audits/observations within the department to detect existing or potential accident hazards or quality defects
- Ensure adherence to safety, environmental, quality, and productivity performance standards
- Utilize a planned approach to continually improve products, processes, and services to ensure customer satisfaction
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor's degree in management, related field or equivalent experience required
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and communications skills
- Experience managing in a union environment and/or in heavy industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.