Job ID: R00728
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: West Chester, OH US
Posted On: 1/20/2018 12:59:03 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel is seeking a Project Engineer to oversee all capital mobile equipment projects across the company. Based out of our corporate office in West Chester, Ohio, the Project Engineer will be responsible for planning, forecasting, procuring and managing all capital equipment projects.
- Procure machinery, material handling and transport equipment, heavy material and transport vehicles, various rail cars, fork trucks and lifts, and heavy duty mill equipment.
- Prepare designs, scope of work, and technical documentation for equipment projects.
- Generate cost estimates and assist with the selection of suppliers and contractors.
- Participate in technical investigations and problem review of new and proposed equipment.
- Provide sound engineering evaluations and recommendations for proposed actions.
- Work with cross functional teams including Purchasing, Finance, Transportation, and Operations to generate specs, equipment purchase justifications, and shop inspections.
- Complete equipment testing and assist in field facility/equipment commissioning.
- Participate in technical investigations, studies, and root cause analyses and provide sound engineering evaluations and recommendations.
- Coordinate and execute a multitude of projects with minimal supervision within the allotted time and budget.
- Prepare justification documentation for management level approval.
- Other duties as assigned.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree.
- 3-5 years of experience working in heavy industrial environment; Steel industry experience preferred.
- Strong Project Management skills; demonstrated experience managing capital projects.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office and AutoCAD.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- 30% travel required.