Job ID: R00772
Job Title: Environmental Specialist
Location: Mansfield, OH US
Posted On: 2/14/2018 8:58:04 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel’s Mansfield, OH operation has an immediate need for an Environmental Specialist to join our team. The Environmental Specialist will support the Environmental Affairs department and conduct regulatory sampling and observations to maintain government compliance. The ideal candidate must work well with others and have knowledge in environmental regulations. Our facility is the leading producer of specialty flat rolled stainless steels.
- Observe emissions utilizing Method 9 per Title V air permit
- Record data, perform calculations, compile and summarize results and log for Title V air permit compliance
- Perform observations of plant activities and water discharges
- Perform sampling of water discharges to include preparing sample containers, technique, chain of custody and lab communication
- Develop and audit work procedures
- Associate’s Degree in Science
- Industrial work experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of environmental regulations preferred
- Experience with data collection and entry, general office procedures
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and holidays as needed to conduct required observations and/or sampling
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Challenging work.
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Bonus program.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment.