Hourly Production Employee (Utility Person)
Job ID: R00948
Job Title: Hourly Production Employee (Utility Person)
Location: Coshocton, OH US
Posted On: 3/1/2018 12:57:07 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel Corporation, a recognized industry leader in providing high quality flat-rolled steels to the automotive, appliance, manufacturing, and other markets is seeking Hourly Production Employees (Utility Person) at our Coshocton, Ohio operation. AK Steel is a leader in employee safety, quality, and productivity.
- Operates equipment and performs tasks that support operations of the various producing units.
- Works with materials and equipment to handle, transport and process product and materials.
- Directs the flow of material to and from producing units and inspects material.
- Supports and assists in maintenance activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or general education degree (GED) equivalent.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and quality.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written.
- Willingness and availability to work rotating shifts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Why Should You Apply?
- Total earnings opportunity is composed of an hourly base rate, a variable unit incentive plan, and overtime along with other wage additions including:
- Applicable shift differential
- Sunday premium pay
- Plant-wide incentive plan based on plant quality, efficiency, and productivity.
- Starting hourly base rate of over $12.78 per hour.
- 10% wage increase awarded on the employment anniversary date for the first three years of employment.
- Earnings increase as employees work higher rated positions.
- Medical, Prescription drug, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Pension plan funded by the Company.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. AK Steel is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment with AK Steel.