INTERN / CO-OP CIVIL, ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL, METALLURGY
Job ID: R01114
Job Title: INTERN / CO-OP CIVIL, ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL, METALLURGY
Location: Mansfield, OH US
Posted On: 3/16/2018 8:57:33 PM
Job Type: Full time
INTERN / CO-OP – CIVIL / ELECTRICAL / MECHANICAL / METALLURGY
AK Steel’s Mansfield, OH operation is actively seeking Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Metallurgy Engineering Interns or Co-Ops to join our team. Working within an assigned department, students will work closely with an engineering team, providing technical, administrative, and hands on support. The Interns/Co-Ops may work on a variety of projects, applying their engineering education to real world experiences. They will learn about steel manufacturing and gain invaluable skills and industry experience. Our facility is the leading producer of specialty flat rolled stainless steels.
- Conduct or lead research, analysis, and improvement projects, related to department goals
- Work closely with Engineers or Metallurgist to identify failures, design improvements, increase reliability and performance, conduct trials and evaluate data with regard to surface quality
- Work on and or lead a variety of projects independently
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Current students majoring in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science
- Possess strong analytic and statistic skills, and have the ability to work independently
- Must possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Solid communication skills, both written and oral, are required