Section Manager Cast Maintenance
Job ID: R01101
Job Title: Section Manager Cast Maintenance
Location: Butler, PA US
Posted On: 3/19/2018 8:59:07 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel is looking for a Section Manager Cast Maintenance at our Butler, PA operation. The Section Manager Maintenance is responsible for continuous improvement and sustainment of those improvements in the Cast operation. The Section Manager also oversees the salaried Shift Managers, Engineers, and Maintenance Planner in the Cast Maintenance department.
- Support the AK Steel Butler Works’ safety program and activities through safety contacts, observations, inspections, job safety and health analyses (JSHAs), housekeeping audits, elimination of safety hazards, and accident investigation.
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to area Shift Managers, Maintenance Engineers, and Maintenance Planners on safety initiatives and safety procedures.
- Plan and coordinate all maintenance activities for Cast Maintenance including analyzing equipment needs, maintenance reliability issues, developing preventative/predictive maintenance programs, and planning/managing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance downturns.
- Manage the performance of salaried Shift Managers, Maintenance Engineers, Maintenance Planners, and hourly union employees through planning performance, coaching, counseling, and completing performance appraisals.
- Be responsible for all safety, environmental, quality, cost management, and budgeting activities for the department.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline – preferably Mechanical or Electrical in nature
- Mechanical/electrical/electronic/hydraulic troubleshooting experience and skills
- Ability to coordinate and execute a multitude of projects with minimal supervision within the allotted time and budget
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Significant managerial experience including safety, quality, cost management and budgeting
- Supervisory experience in a union environment
- Five + years experience in steelmaking environment preferably with Cast experience
Why Should You Apply?
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Great pay
- Excellent benefits
- Challenging work
- Bonus program