Shift Manager Hot Mill Maintenance
Job ID: R01102
Job Title: Shift Manager Hot Mill Maintenance
Location: Butler, PA US
Posted On: 3/19/2018 8:59:11 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel is looking for a Shift Manager Hot Mill Maintenance at our Butler, PA operation. The Shift Manager Hot Mill Maintenance will be responsible for providing work direction to department maintenance hourly union employees. The Shift Manager Maintenance manages employee safety and environmental issues as well as assists in coordinating equipment maintenance within the Hot Mill to best meet the production department’s needs.
- Supervise and direct the work of hourly union employees. Plan, manage, and review their work performance.
- Implement safety goals and objectives by conducting safety contacts, observations, and meetings.
- Assist in coordinating planned equipment outages and standard downturns.
- Analyze equipment needs, ensure equipment reliability, and develop PPM programs.
- Manage equipment troubleshooting, repairs, root cause analysis, and equipment improvements.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Strong analytical skills for problem solving
- Experience in heavy manufacturing to include mechanical/electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic troubleshooting skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Associates or Bachelors degree in technical or engineering discipline
- Supervisory experience in a union environment.
Why Should You Apply?
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Excellent benefits
- Challenging work
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement