Job ID: R01088
Job Title: Applications Engineer
Location: Dearborn, MI US
Posted On: 3/20/2018 8:57:06 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for an Applications Engineer in our Research and Innovation Department. This position will be located in Dearborn, Michigan.
- Performs engineering activities supporting product and application development
- Lead Early Vendor Involvement (EVI) activity, identify applications and product requirements, track material prototyping needs and assure production intent material availability for customer trials
- Track customer trials and confirmation of application feasibility with AK Steel products
- Follow new technologies, identifying opportunities for new application or new product development
- Participate with Research, Products & Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Customer Technical Service and Quality in advanced product planning, pre-launch, and launch support to meet customer requirements
- The ideal candidate will have a B.S. or M.S. degree in Metallurgical, Materials, or Mechanical Engineering with experience and/or interest in steel applications engineering and steel product development
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals, formability, and steel products are an asset
- Familiarity with automotive, appliance, and other manufacturing processes and development protocols are also an advantage
- This position will require less than 10% travel
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. AK Steel is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment with AK Steel.AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.