Job ID: R01141
Job Title: Power Engineer
Location: Butler, PA US
Posted On: 3/26/2018 8:57:05 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel is looking for a Power Engineer at our Butler, PA operation. The Power Engineer will assist in planning, designing, and implementing Maintenance and/or Engineering projects within the plant as they relate to achieving 100% reliability of the plant’s power distribution system, rotating equipment, and air compressors.
- Responsible for the maintenance and reliability of the plant power distribution system including: AC systems (utilizing 138kV, 34.5kV, 25kV, 13.8kV, 6.9kV, 4.16kV, 2.3kV, 480V, 230V) and DC systems (rated at 750VDC and 250VDC), plant rotating equipment, and air compressors.
- Manage and coordinate Power Department and/or contracted personnel in Maintenance and Engineering projects and outages.
- Prepare drawings and specifications for equipment and materials to be installed in the power distribution system with a focus on improving cost and time efficiency.
- Inspect and test completed installations for safety standards as well as conformance with design and equipment specifications.
- Responsible for Power department's documentation involving safety, quality, environmental and maintenance.
- Respond to all calls regarding power outages, equipment failures, and production delays. Locate the resources required to return equipment to operational condition.
- Utilize planned outages and scheduled production downturns to perform preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Ability to coordinate and execute a multitude of projects with minimal supervision within the allotted time and budget
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience with AC and DC systems, rotating equipment, compressed air systems, rectifiers, and electrical/electronic standards
- 2+ years industrial power distribution experience
- Experience in a union environment
Why Should You Apply?
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Challenging work
- Excellent benefits
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement