Job ID: R01155
Job Title: Area Planner
Location: Middletown, OH US
Posted On: 4/9/2018 10:15:44 AM
Job Type: Full time
Area Planner – Manufacturing Planning
AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for an Area Planner at our Middletown facility. The Area Planner will generate, evaluate, and alter production schedules in response to changing operating variables and customer needs for high volume manufacturing operations. The ideal candidate will be possess strong analytical skills, be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations.
- Generate production schedules for high volume manufacturing operations. Will use proprietary software in developing production schedules.
- Will evaluate, prioritize, and alter production schedules in response to changing operating variables and customer needs.
- Will track and assess inventory as well as coordinate shipments to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree involving analytical skills such as decision science, information systems, manufacturing or industrial engineering is preferred.
- Related experience is preferred.
- Proficiency using a personal computer as a business tool as well as with Microsoft software is required. Excel and SAS skills are strong pluses.
- Successful candidates will be highly motivated and possess strong analytical skills.
- The work schedule will be 6 am to 6 pm and would include some weekends and holidays.
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.