Computer Automation Engineer
Job ID: R00664
Job Title: Computer Automation Engineer
Location: Middletown, OH US
Posted On: 4/9/2018 8:58:05 PM
Job Type: Full time
AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for a Computer Automation Engineer at our Middletown Works facility. The Computer Automation Engineer will ensure the availability of the control system hardware and software and assist in troubleshooting and root cause analysis. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations.
- Ensure stability and availability of control system hardware and software by thorough and precise maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Develop or modify control system software to meet evolving company production requirements or goals.
- Determine the root cause of control system problems and develop effective corrective actions.
- Provide explanations of technical issues to operations and management.
- Work together with other engineers responsible for interconnected systems to assist their troubleshooting efforts.
- Provide on call support on a rotational basis for 24/7 production environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or foreign equivalent
- Manufacturing control systems experience preferred
Hardware / Software:
- Windows Server class hardware, workstations, thin clients, networking equipment (routers, switches)
- Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Fortran, Visual Basic, PHP, Python, Java
- Operating Systems: Windows Server and Windows Desktop OS, OpenVMS, Linux
- Control System Software: SCADA packages (iFIX, WonderWare, WinCC), Trending Packages (iHistorian, IBA, PI)
- Technologies: Databases, virtualization, terminal services, web services
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.